Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sketch time Winter card

This weeks H2H Challenge is a sketch
And here's my take on it.


I can't hardly do a project without stamping and using my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from Close To My Heart . This project used both and in fact all products are from CTMH. I love that company too!
Products used:
    Clear card  Z1323   (thus the glare on the card front)
    Wonderland Workshop on the Go  G1031   which comes with this gorgeous stamp set
    textured cardstock- retired
    Inks:  Twilight, Chocolate, Heavenly Blue, Cocoa
    Top Coats Icing Overlay   Z1468    the big snowflake-top layer of it
    Art Philosophy cricut cart.   Z1686    The large snowflake under the overlay
   My own glimmer mist on the white cardstock  using  Chocolate reinker, alcohol, shimmer acrylic paint

A whole new dimension is added when you use an acrylic card. Layers have to be thought out and adhesive or method of attachment. I added a couple extra photos so you could get a better idea of how this was put together. The textured cardstock was sanded and attached on the inside back. I put adhesive across the middle and then on the back I cut a strip of patterned paper to cover the adhesive. (I didn't take a picture of that.) CTMH's patterned papers are double sided and now they're cardstock weight! I added that piece to the inside front. I put adhesive so that the white cardstock pieces on front would cover it. White cardstock pieces where sprayed with my glimmer mist. The large snowflake design is given dimension with a pop dot.
You can order these products by clicking on the shopping button on the right.
Let me know what you think,      Polly


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! That icing overlay is so pretty! Great idea to pair it with a clear card. (You're right, they can be tricky.) Thanks for taking the H2H sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I really like your take on the sketch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love your big blue flower! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome....