Wednesday, November 30, 2011

From Our Heart to Yours: Gratitude

  This H2H Challenge was a couple of weeks ago and I am just now getting it posted here. I had an idea of what I wanted to portray, but needed to figure out how to do it. In the challenge we were to tell of someone we were thankful for and the project then be given to them. This is not for a someone, but "someones"- family. This year has been especially blessed with some specials events in our family and I wanted them recorded. My parents celebrated 50 years of marriage (something that is becoming a rarity), one of our sons married and then they found out they were having twins. They chose to not find out what they were having, which is also a rarity, and we all were surprised to find out they were both girls. Our daughter has 5 boys and we love them dearly, but we sure were happy to add some girls to the bunch. In November I lost an uncle on one side of the family and an aunt on the other within days of each other. Though it was a sad time and especially hard on my parents, I had the opportunity to see alot of extended family, some of which I hadn't seen in years. We grew up very close to my uncle's children in our young yrs., but haven't seen a couple of them for years. It was so nice to see them and catch up a little and talk about the past.
  So this year I am full of gratitude for all the specialness we've enjoyed because of family.
Sorry, for some reason I couldn't seem to get a real clear picture. Following are a couple that are closer up so that you can better see what I did for each month.

I used  Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays # 29
Dreamin Level 2 paper pack
Friendship Large and Felicity alphabet stamp sets
Inks:  Pacifica and Chocolate
 all Close To My Heart Products

I think that I need to start doing one of these each year. Would be fun to look back on for a quick year in review. Thanks to all you blogging friends too.                          Polly

4 comments:

  1. This is so neat! What a great idea! ~Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea to find something every month to bless.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome....