Monday, July 29, 2013

Sympathy card - H2H and CAS(E) sketch challenges

  I barely jump back into the challenges that are out there in creative land and I am a winner already! I won over at Color Dare for the card that I created in my last post. These challenges really help me to think outside the box, to grow, and stretch.
  So here I am back again today with another card. I have several birthdays in the next couple of weeks that need cards to be made and some sympathy cards too. So what an opportunity to also join these challenges. Today I am entering this card in heart 2 heart challenge this week using "ombre" on a project. What's the you say? I will  just copy their explanation and then be sure to go over and check out some of the fabulous examples that they have there.
  I am combining that with  CAS(E) sketch # 38. I have just discovered this blog. A wonderful place to get ideas for a (C)lean (A)nd (S)imple card. So be sure to check them out HERE.


  Not much explanation needed here I don't think. I used Close To My Heart cardstocks in Hollyhock, Smoothie, and Blush. The shape was cut using the new (going "live" this week!) Artbooking Cricut cartridge. It's found on page 51. A border. I cut it at 2 1/2", 3 1/2", 4 1/2". The label for the Sentiment was cut using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. It's the 3-D Object key on page 36 and cut at 1 1/2". I used the following stamp sets. D1476 Card Chatter-Sympathy and D1088 Comforting Thoughts. The last set was the sentiment I stamped inside and it is a retired stamp set. I did emboss the card base using Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder.

  Have a blessed day, Polly



1 comment:

  1. Your card is very pretty! Thanks for taking the H2H ombré challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome....