Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My first cut on our new "Artbooking" Cricut cartridge!

  This might be my first cut, but I have so many ideas and things I want to do with this that it definitely won't be my last. I just need to hibernate in my craft room for at least a month! I could maybe get somewhat caught up! I created this card for two Close To My Heart challenges. Heart2Heart challenges this week is to use water as our inspiration. And Color My Heart color dare is to use Olive, Twilight, and Ruby. So I thought I would combine the two. Red and Blue always go well with a water theme, but I would not have put Twilight and Olive together! That's one thing I like about these color dares, especially since it is using Close To My Heart's colors. I am not an expert in color and  I can learn a lot by participating in these dares. I had to play with this some to get something that I liked and then I still wasn't sure. It helps to walk away from a project and when I come back I see it in a different light. I think the struggle to get something to come together sometimes causes you to not like it so much until you give it some time. I was dying to use the new cartridge and I have a bunch of cards that I need to make so I wanted to kill several birds with one stone. Here's what I came up with:

  I don't always get the insides decorated, but this one I did and I really liked how it turned out. This one will probably go to a son or grandson. So here is the inside:
Supplies I used:
  Card inspiration:  Make It From Your Heart Vol 1, card #24 page 44
  White Daisy cardstock
  Twilight cardstock
  Artbooking Cricut cartridge  overlay>shift  page 78 set dial at 4.25"
  Stamp sets:
               Tommy WOTG  C1546
               Just a Number D1514
 Inks:
       Twilight
       Olive
       Ruby
       Black
Harvest Bakers Twine: Olive
Foam tape

And BTW, when I came back to it, I did like it! Especially after I did the inside.

            Have a blessed day,  Polly

 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I love how you crossed the stamp and the overlay. Way to go with the color combo on this one, Polly! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H and the Color Dare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I really like this card! I love how your Artbooking cut matches the water waves! I also really like the background stamp offset. I like the red banners... I really like everything about this card - the inside too! Thanks for playing along at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I love the layering, your stamped ocean, the twine with anchor...and excellent job finishing the inside. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color My Heart! Glad those challenging colors worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!!!! Just when I thought I had seen every card design out there ... BAM!! I love all of the layering and how detailed this card is. Keep cutting sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute. I love the Tommy WOTG stamp set and you ROCKED it! Thank you for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice work, I need to get the new cart

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!! Love the inside and I "come back" to my things ALL THE TIME and 90% of the time, my attitude changes the 2nd (or 3rd and sometimes even 4th...lol) time around!

    Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. /congratulations on winning at Color My Heart with such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome....