Monday, May 7, 2012

Hello!?.....I'm back.....

First off, to those who may have been wondering if I dropped off the edge of the earth, I apologize, life has just been happening in a big way here. Partly due to being gone for 6 weeks this summer, I think that some of the things that didn't get done while I was gone have just now been catching up to me. Things like bookwork and then getting the tax paperwork done and ready to send off. This is exactly one of the reason that I procrastinated in even starting a blog, but that's not really a good enough reason not to start a blog.
 Adding another person back into your household adds more work than I anticipated and of course somewhat changes some of your routines. Our oldest son moved back here to Texas from Indiana. I am totally thrilled with that and am not complaining, just stating facts. I do more cooking and more laundry and more "hey Mom, can you do............" He is dating a girl down here and we are thrilled with that and know that his being here in our home will only be a temporary thing. He will soon be 23 and he's been on his own for about 5 years previous to this move.
One of those classes is a sewing class for the ladies at our church. Most are beginners so we started with a beginner pillow. We did a lapped back and the flower on the front gave them a chance to work with ruffles.
Here is the sample I made. Everyone else made theirs bigger, but I already had this pillow form. I also want to make several pillows in several sizes and put them together on a bed.
This is just a 12" pillow. I used Toile Decorator fabric for the base and then muslin for my ruffled flower. And old button finishes the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome....