Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday card

The end of July and throughout August brings a lot of birthdays in our family. And as usual I am running behind in getting them made and sent out. My family knows me and I don't think they're surprised. We were in IN in June and I got the grandsons done and given out then, we kinda had a big birthday party for all then.
 This card is for our daughter. She's a very special person in my life and I miss her so. I wish I could help her more and just spend more time together shopping, crafting, and whatever else we find to do together.
 So I used the Roxie paper pack (no longer available) and some new products from our latest catalog.
I love the vintage/French flair of  these new stamp sets: Bonjour B1414 and Jardin D1528.
I stamped using our new Slate ink the script/flower stamp on the canvas looking paper from Roxie and then overstamped the Bonjour in Smoothie. This is the background of the inside of the frame. I stamped the frame on Colonial White cardstock in black and then painted on a gold shimmer over it. I wanted an old looking gold/black frame. I fussy cut the frame inside and out and then popped it up.
The peachy looking flowers were cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and then rolled. The pink flower was created with the same cartridge, but it was cut  separately in layers. I waterbrushed on the pink and then stamped over that with the script part of the stamp mentioned above in Slate ink. I misted the petals with water and using a stylus I crumpled and added texture to each layer. After they were dry, I then glued each layer, staggering the petals and added a grey pearl in the center. I then painted some gold shimmer over it all. The leaves were cut from Juniper cardstock and  the same Cricut cartridge and I added some texture using the stylus and then ink distressed using Chocolate ink. The grey satin polka dot is another new product.
I really like how this turned out.
Here are a couple of close ups

The last photo you can see the gold shimmer I painted on. I like this subtle shimmer so much. And a photo doesn't do it justice.

Have a blessed day,      Polly
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome....